[Nut-upsuser] Will MGE-UPS Ellipse USBS auto shutdown?

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sun Aug 13 23:49:14 UTC 2006

On Monday 14 August 2006 01:17, Peter Selinger wrote:
> I don't see the first reason. Any UPS, when it receives the "shutdown"
> command, should turn off the power for a minimum amount of time before
> awaiting AC (just in case the AC power came on before the command was
> received). This minimum amount of time (typically a few seconds) is

I think the justification here is that you may wish to turn the UPS off
permanently under PC control.

> Several of the newhidups subdrivers don't currently implement
> ondelay/offdelay. (It is, however, possible to set shutdown timers
> with upscmd). Almostjtag none of the serial drivers support it (at least
> "grep offdelay drivers/*c" does not turn up many).

I know for APC SmartUPS models there is gracedelay (equivalent to off delay),
although there is no on delay there are several power off commands to deal
with ensuring a power cycle.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum