[Nut-upsuser] Problem detecting USB/HID UPS

Brian Foster penguinator781 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 06:16:33 UTC 2006

Hi,
  I am new to this list, so I apologize if I make any mistakes in posting.
I am trying to set up nut with my Tripp Lite SMART 1200LCD.  I looked on
the compatability page, and some Tripp Lite models  were supported, so I
decided to try out mine.  I have tried both USB and serial connections,
and neither have worked.  I am just wondering if this is a problem with
nut supporting my model, or if it is a larger problem with my
installation (hopefully the latter).  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

In the following outputs, I deleted the entries for the USB controller
and USB hubs in the interest of space.

"sudo /lib/nut/tripplite_usb -u root -DDDDD auto
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.6 (2.0.3)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.
Checking device (045E/0039) (005/004)
- VendorID: 045e
- ProductID: 0039
- Manufacturer: Microsoft
- Product: Microsoft 5-Button Mouse with IntelliEye(TM)
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: 005
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
Checking device (09AE/2005) (001/006)
- VendorID: 09ae
- ProductID: 2005
- Manufacturer: Tripp Lite
- Product: TRIPP LITE UPS
- Serial Number: 692199 B
- Bus: 001
Trying to match device
Device does not match - skipping
No appropriate HID device found
No matching USB/HID UPS found"

"sudo /lib/nut/newhidups -u root -DDDDD auto
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.3)

debug level is '5'
--
~Brian Foster