[Nut-upsuser] Problem detecting USB/HID UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 03:52:33 UTC 2006

On 8/16/06, Brian Foster <penguinator781 at gmail.com> wrote:
> "./newhidups start
> Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.4)

It's even newer than that. 2.0.4 is the latest version in the Stable
series, but you need to check out the Development tree (the trunk in
our Subversion repository), as Peter suggested.

If you can't easily check out the Subversion tree, let me know and I
can post a snapshot.

> " ./tripplite_usb start
> Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO driver 0.6 (2.0.4)
> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
> Some features may not function correctly.

Despite the name, tripplite_usb will not work for newer Tripp Lite
UPSes, especially if the product id is not 0001 - use newhidups
instead.

--
- Charles Lepple