[Nut-upsuser] F6C1500-TW-RK

Jamie Fiedler jfiedler at tippingpointlabs.com
Sun Dec 10 23:41:09 CET 2006

after running installing 2.0.4, all seems to be well. i can confirm
the belkin F6C1500-TW-RK works with nut 2.0.4 and newhidups.

here's the output of upsc if it's of any use:

gateway:/usr/local/ups/bin# ./upsc belkin at localhost
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 30
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.runtime: 120
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 27.8
battery.voltage.nominal: 24
driver.name: newhidups
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.0.4
driver.version.data: Belkin HID 0.1
driver.version.internal: 0.28
input.frequency: 60.0
input.frequency.nominal: 60
input.transfer.high: 140
input.transfer.high.max: 144
input.transfer.high.min: 140
input.transfer.low: 88
input.transfer.low.max: 88
input.transfer.low.min: 84
input.voltage: 125.5
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.frequency: 60.0
output.voltage: 125.4
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.restart: 0
ups.delay.shutdown: 0
ups.firmware: 1
ups.load: 0
ups.mfr: Belkin
ups.model: Belkin UPS
ups.power.nominal: 1500
ups.serial:
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.test.result: No test initiated
ups.type: offline

thanks for your help!

- jamie

On Dec 8, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Peter Selinger wrote:

> Hi Jamie,
>
> yes, many of the current newhidups features were added in 2.0.3 or
> 2.0.4. The man page was also updated at that time. Your version,
> 2.0.1, is too old to be of any use.
>
> Thanks for the vendor/product info; I have updated our hotplugging
> rules.
>
> Please let me know if newhidups work with your device (I would expect
> it does). I will then also add it to the "supported" list.
>
> -- Peter
>
> P.S.: please write to the mailing list, not to me
>

> Jamie Fiedler wrote:
>>

>> i had already taken a look at the man page for newhidups as well
>> as =20
>> gone through about a year of this mailing list's archives...i =20
>> couldn't get a definite answer on whether it was supported with a =20
>> newer version of newhidups or just with some of the other drivers.
>>
>> i'll give 2.0.4 a run and see how it goes. thanks and have a great
>> =20
>> weekend!
>>
>> btw, i noticed people seem to be submitting vendor/product id
>> numbers =20=
>>
>> for usb devices, so the F6C1500-TW-RK is 0x50d/0x751
>>
>> hub.c: new USB device 00:13.0-1, assigned address 2
>> usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x50d/0x751) is not claimed by any =20
>> active driver.
>> usb.c: registered new driver hiddev
>> usb.c: registered new driver hid
>> hiddev0: USB HID v1.11 Device [Belkin  Belkin UPS] on usb1:2.0
>>
>> - jamie

>>> Hi Jamie, I like simple yes/no questions! The answer is yes. For
>>> more
>>> information, see the newhidups(8) man page. You probably need NUT
>>> 2.0.4 or better. -- Peter

JAMIE FIEDLER
IT MANAGER

83 CHAPEL STREET