[Nut-upsuser] MGE 800, ttyS0, frequent timeout

Arjen de Korte arjen at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 27 08:19:06 CET 2006

> Dear all,
>
> I am having trouble with
> MGE Pulsar Evolution 800 Tower UPS.
>
> I use this UPS on several computers under RH9.0 O/S -- and the effect
> is the same.
>
> Each computer has two UPS connected: one on ttyS0 (MGE) and the other
> on ttyS1 (generic). One UPS is MGE, the other one is usually some
> inexpensive generic UPS.
>
> The software I am running is nut-2.0.3.

If the problems only occur for the MGE UPS, chances are this is driver
related. In that case, first upgrade to the latest version from SVN or
wait a couple of days for the release of nut-2.0.5 which should be
available shortly. There have been quite some changes/improvements to
mge-shut since nut-2.0.3 was released.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands