[Nut-upsuser] NUT and mge-utalk update

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 07:55:47 UTC 2006

Hi Jose and Martin,

2006/2/6, Jose Molina <jmolina at brujulatelecom.com>:

> Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
> > I've updated the CVS Testing tree, which will soon become 2.0.3 stable
> > release, with mge-utalk 0.87. This release fixes the UTalk problems you
> > have recently faced.
> >
> > If possible, please test it and report back if it work or not with your
> > unit.
>
> Hi there, it's the first time I post to this list, but i thought you
> would like to know that my tests with 2.0.3 solved all the data stale
> problems I had with 2.0.2.

 thanks a lot for your feedback that confirms these bugfixes.

About a month ago I had to install a MGE Comet 9, with a 10m serial
> cable to a Sun Fire V20z with RHEL3. I had lots of problems with the
> mge-utalk driver, with data stales every minute. First I thought that
> the 10m cable was the problem, but I downgraded NUT to 1.4.3 and all the
> problems disappeared.
>
> Friday I got the 2.0.3 cvs source and it's been working flawlessly.
> Congrats and good work.
>
> By the way, to make the 10m cable I used UTP cat 5e, hoping that it
> would help to keep a good connection to the UPS, is there any better way
> to do it?

STP might have been better.  Also  note that though we recommend a max
length of 1,80 m, 10 m should work without problem depending on your
environment.

P.S: Wouldn't it be great if MGE Solution pack came with a wxWidgets NUT
> client (or any other cross-plataform GUI client)...

the new Personal Solution Pac (aka PSP: [1]) is a cross platform (GTKmm) NUT
client that also discover your UPS. Released under GPL too.
And FYI, I've really tried (or discovered) wx after I made PSP. And it would
have been a good option, maybe better. For the rest, MGE continues to
support and help all NUT clients...

Arnaud
--
[1] http://www.mgeups.com/products/pdt230/software/sp97/solpaclinux.htm