[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar STS

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:38:23 UTC 2006

2006/2/7, Arnaud Launay <asl at launay.org>:

> Hello,

salut Arnaud,

I'm trying to communicate with a MGE Pulsar STS 16 using nut
> under Linux, but I've had no luck so far. I haven't saw it
> supported in the doc, so if there's anything I can try...

to those who read: STS is not a UPS, but a static transfer switch, used to
increase power redundancy:
http://www.mgeups.com/products/pdt230/sts/psts/stsa.htm

these devices communicate through the UTalk protocol, so mge-utalk should be
applicable.

Though I must admit that I've not validated it. But I've demo'ed, at
Solution Linux 2005, NUT communication redundancy, using the same STS + 2
pulsar Evolution (in SHUT mode), and NUT powervalue and MINSUPPLIES in
upsmon.conf.

So, depending on your UPSs and preferences, you have two choices.
If you prefer the embedded UTalk way, feedback is welcomed.

Arnaud