[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite is up to no good

Kenneth Tindle ktindle at uky.edu
Wed Feb 8 20:30:03 UTC 2006

At 12:59 PM 2/8/2006 -0500, Charles Lepple wrote:
>1) edit source code, replace 3003 with 3004, see what breaks

Pretty much everything.

I changed to 3004, and got fake happy messages.  But all the items
the driver enumerates by messages at startup are wrong (like input
and battery voltages of zero, etc.)

Of course, the really critical thing is to see if the OL status does
or does not change to reflect reality.  I'll have to finish the
installation of nut to tell- I'm not optimistic.

BTW, there is a 3005 protocol as well, used in the new LCD display
desktop UPS systems from Tripp Lite.  Isn't that sweet?