[Nut-upsuser] Problems starting upsd with newhidups

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Sat Feb 25 00:45:54 UTC 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 08:44:17AM +0100, Arnaud Quette wrote:

>I think you're facing a bug I've discovered yesterday, just after my
>upload of 2.0.3, thanks to ubuntu: /var is now created upon each boot.
>
>Check that for more info:
>https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/nut/+bug/6679
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00720.html
>
>So I'll have to upload a -2 release...
>
>Arnaud

I read the two bug reports and it certainly seemed like the likely culprit.
However, after I installed the 2.0.3-2 packages the problem remains.  The
symptoms are unchanged from my original email.  I still get:

foxstar:~# upsd -DDD -u root
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.3
Can't connect to UPS [foxstarups] (newhidups-auto): No such file or directory
Synchronizing....<CTRL-C>

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.