[Nut-upsuser] Regular expressions in upssched.conf?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 20:53:52 UTC 2006

Hi Dumitru,

2005/12/24, Dumitru Negara <dumitru at itcnetworks.ro>:

> Hi,
>
> I didn't found an answer for my question in NUT documentation/FAQ or
> this mailing list archive so I'm posting it here.
>
> I want to start a timer only if both of my UPSes remain on battery. Not
> just one, both.
>
> My UPSes are:
> - ups1 at host-a
> - ups2 at host-b
>
> Is it possible to use something like this in upssched.conf?
>
> AT ONBATT ups1.* && ups2.* START-TIMER onbattwarn 180

no, it's not possible that way.
The only possible way for the moment is to do it manually, ie:
- trigger a timer for both UPSs,
- create a flag when the first one is reached,
- test in the second, when called, if the first flag exists...

Note that there is is task logged in docs/ideas.txt about that ("Monitor
program with interpreted language")

Arnaud