[Nut-upsuser] Xserve, USB, NUT

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri Jan 6 09:44:59 UTC 2006

Ted Bardusch wrote:

> OK, I've installed libusb and gd (for the cgi stuff).  I have the UPS
> connected, and built NUT with newhidups.  but now I need to know what
> to set the ups.conf port to.  Any ideas on that?

Please see the newhidups(8) man page, section IMPLEMENTATION.

IMPLEMENTATION
       The  driver  ignores the "port" value in ups.conf. Unlike previous ver-
       sions of this driver, it is now possible to control multiple UPS  units
       simultaneously  with  this driver. They can be distinguished by setting
       some combination of the "vendor", "product", "serial", "vendorid",  and
       "productid" options. For instance:

            [mge]
                 driver = newhidups
                 port = auto
                 vendorid = 0463
            [tripplite]
                 driver = newhidups
                 port = auto
                 vendorid = 09ae

Arnaud: this is now a frequenly asked question. Should we add the info
on the newhidups "port" value to INSTALL, section 7?

Greetings to all from Hanoi (Vietnam). -- Peter