[Nut-upsuser] Re: Xserve, USB, NUT

Ted nups at bjmoose.com
Sat Jan 7 04:45:51 UTC 2006

Did that (with 2.0.2) - got the newhidups driver to come up, but it had no
APC recognition of anything, it saw the UPS but upsc did not report any
status, just vendor, serial, description.

Then I tried the latest 2.0.3 on the site, had to add the libusb path for
newhidups to build (a clue I was on the same version as you were), and put
that in.  However now, without any change to the config files that worked
for 2.0.2, it does not find the UPS at all.

Now it says:
# /usr/local/ups/bin/upsdrvctl start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.3-pre2
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.3-pre2)

No matching USB/HID UPS found
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
#

Any idea how to get it going from here?  As I said the config files are
untouched from what worked to get it to at least upsc seeing it in 2.0.2.