[Nut-upsuser] NUT + Cyberpower AVR1200 (BC1200) + FreeBSD 6.0

doug reynolds mav at wastegate.net
Sun Jan 8 21:17:40 UTC 2006

Charles Lepple wrote:

>On 12/5/05, doug reynolds <mav at wastegate.net> wrote:
>

>>ok, here is the ktrace / kdump output attached to this message.
>>

>This part is key:
>
> 32874 cyberpower RET   ioctl 0
> 32874 cyberpower CALL  write(0x4,0xbfbfe6a0,0x1)
> 32874 cyberpower GIO   fd 4 wrote 1 byte
>       "F"
> 32874 cyberpower RET   write 1
> 32874 cyberpower CALL  nanosleep(0xbfbfe678,0)
> 32874 cyberpower RET   nanosleep 0
> 32874 cyberpower CALL  write(0x4,0xbfbfe6a1,0x1)
> 32874 cyberpower GIO   fd 4 wrote 1 byte
>       "\r"
> 32874 cyberpower RET   write 1
> 32874 cyberpower CALL  nanosleep(0xbfbfe678,0)
> 32874 cyberpower RET   nanosleep 0
> 32874 cyberpower CALL  nanosleep(0xbfbfeaa8,0)
> 32874 cyberpower RET   nanosleep 0
> 32874 cyberpower CALL  select(0x5,0xbfbfe970,0,0,0xbfbfe968)
> 32874 cyberpower RET   select 0
>
>It's writing "F" and a CR, but it isn't getting anything back.
>
>On your Windows box, can you open up Hyperterminal, set the baud rate
>to 1200 (8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control) and type "F"
>and enter?

sorry, took me a long time to get back with the holidays and what not..

I tried doing that on my Windows machine, and it didn't do a thing.
which is weird.  I also tried un-plugged the power and watching if it
sent any info thru the comport by leaving the connection open.  nada..

I am wondering if the 1200 has a different set of operating
instructions?  I hope not..  Any programs I can snoop on the comport
while I use the windows program to connect to the UPS (I am assuming
that is how you guys figure out how program drivers?).

any help is gRReat :)