[Nut-upsuser] NUT + Cyberpower AVR1200 (BC1200) + FreeBSD 6.0

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 21:38:17 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, doug reynolds <mav at wastegate.net> wrote:
> Charles Lepple wrote:
> >On your Windows box, can you open up Hyperterminal, set the baud rate
> >to 1200 (8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control) and type "F"
> >and enter?

if you don't see anything from hyperterminal, it's always a good idea
to double-check the flow control setting.

> I tried doing that on my Windows machine, and it didn't do a thing.
> which is weird.  I also tried un-plugged the power and watching if it
> sent any info thru the comport by leaving the connection open.  nada..

This is after you used the Windows software to initialize the UPS,
right? Some UPSes don't reply until after they are initialized.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Portmon.html

--
- Charles Lepple