[Nut-upsuser] SUSE 10.0 packaging

Paul Mogren fkamogee at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 20:27:39 UTC 2006

This thread is FYI. I don't need any help here.

 I have SUSE 10.0 and an MGE Ellipse. I installed the NUT package from MGE.

 1) The generated ups.conf pointed to a bad location: /dev//dev/input/event0
 2) The hidups driver will not work with SUSE 10 out of the box. To make it work (which was academic because I prefer newhidups), I had to:
  a) Customize the kernel to exclude CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT
  b) Add a udev rule: KERNEL=="hiddev*",   NAME="usb/hid/%k", MODE="666"
  c) Set the port in ups.conf to /dev/usb/hid/hiddev0