[Nut-upsuser] SUSE 10.0 and MGE Ellipse

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:07:10 UTC 2006

2006/1/17, Paul Mogren <fkamogee at yahoo.com>:

> I spent some time on it this weekend. I deciphered the
> release note to mean we need to use udev rules and/or
> the hwup mechanism. I tried with udev rules and got
> close: I managed to write a rule that set the
> permissions on /dev/usbdevB.D, in the same rule that
> adds a "symlink" at /proc/bus/usb/BBB/DDD; however, I
> had no success at setting the permissions on
> /proc/bus/usb/BBB/DDD.

I was exactly at the same point, knowing that we need to add this rule at
nut (or PSP) install time, and also that some Novell/SuSE release might have
switched to /dev/bus/usb... The mechanism in SuSE is the least extensible
I've seen so far.

As for the hwup mechanism, I don't have the first clue
> about that. For now I'll sit back and give you a
> chance to chat with Novell.

I've not yet had time to do so, but it's on my todo list for the next round
(the workaround will do the trick meanwhile).

Arnaud