[Nut-upsuser] NUT + Cyberpower AVR1200 (BC1200) + FreeBSD 6.0
aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:31:06 UTC 2006
2006/1/9, Andrew Burgess <aab at cichlid.com>:
> I got one of these working recently with NUT. I modified the
> cpsups.c driver, mostly deleting leading "\r" in the strings,
> which seemed to confuse my ups, changed the timeout which caused
> lost characters and adding the id returned by the ups.
> I haven't really finished
> with it but it did find the ups, poll it and return battery level
> etc. I used the serial interface and this was linux not bsd.
> Attached is cpsups.c (this was from nut-2.0.3)
If the changes are limited, you'd better extend cpups with some "type"
option. The best would be to detect the init failure, and try with the
alternative one. That shouldn't be too hard to do.
>From there, prefer the upsdev list to post code and talk about development.
Linux / Unix Expert - MGE UPS SYSTEMS - R&D Dpt
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org/
Debian Developer - http://people.debian.org/~aquette/
OpenSource Developer - http://arnaud.quette.free.fr/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Nut-upsuser