[Nut-upsuser] SUSE 10.0 and MGE Ellipse

Paul Mogren fkamogee at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 04:04:57 UTC 2006

Arnaud,

I just remembered, there was something in the SUSE
release notes concerning hotplug... and indeed it does
appear to be relevant! Unfortunately, I don't know
enough about it to translate it into a solution:

Hotplug Events Handled by the udev Daemon
Hotplug events are now completely handled by the udev
daemon (udevd). We do not use the event multiplexer
system in /etc/hotplug.d and /etc/dev.d anymore.
Instead udevd calls all hotplug helper tools directly,
according to its rules. Udev rules and helper tools
are provided by udev and various other packages.

-Paul

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2005-July/000037.html