[Nut-upsuser] SUSE 10.0 and MGE Ellipse

Paul Mogren fkamogee at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 15:02:11 UTC 2006

I spent some time on it this weekend. I deciphered the
release note to mean we need to use udev rules and/or
the hwup mechanism. I tried with udev rules and got
close: I managed to write a rule that set the
permissions on /dev/usbdevB.D, in the same rule that
adds a "symlink" at /proc/bus/usb/BBB/DDD; however, I
had no success at setting the permissions on
/proc/bus/usb/BBB/DDD.

As for the hwup mechanism, I don't have the first clue
about that. For now I'll sit back and give you a
chance to chat with Novell.

Thanks
-Paul

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2005-July/000037.html