[Nut-upsuser] Compaq T700

Bernard J. Treves Brown B.J.Treves.Brown at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 10:30:49 UTC 2006

Hi

Further to my email last Thursday I now have my Compaq T700h more-or-less working
with NUT on FreeBSD 5.4. Many thanks to Kjell Claesson for suggesting the upscode2
driver rather than BCMXCP.

/usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl start
works with no errors using this ups.conf:
- it takes about 20 seconds.

----
[compaq]
        driver = upscode2
        port = /dev/cuaa0
        desc = "Compaq T700h"
        manufacturer = "Compaq"
        input_timeout = 5
        use_pre_lf = yes
-----

I said it more-or-less worked...

# /usr/local/sbin/upsd
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.1.0
Connected to UPS [compaq]: compaq
Synchronizing........ giving up

Initially I got occasional comments in /var/log/messages about stale data (about 1/hour)
but setting MAXAGE 30 in upsd.conf seems to have fixed that.

However the MAXAGE change didn´t make any difference to the "Synchronizing" problem
- is the synchronization with slave systems (I don´t have any) or with the UPS driver?

Although upsd apparently is not synchronized, upsmon starts, although it
logs the message Poll UPS [compaq at localhost] failed - Variable not
supported by UPS.

Suggestions welcome for these nits but essentially the system seems
to work.

Regards
Bernard

--
Dr Bernard J. Treves Brown,  Research Fellow
Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science,
Email: B.J.Treves.Brown at manchester.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 161-306 8900  Fax: +44 (0) 161-306 4896