[Nut-upsuser] Setting MGE powershare attributes

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 13:15:01 UTC 2006

Hi Carlos,

[back from holidays...]

2006/6/27, Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt>:

> Hi!
>
> We have two MGE Evolution 1100 here, and I want to make use of the
> powershare outlets to force a particular boot sequence on the machines
> powered by them. However I'm not sure how to set those variables upon
> NUT starting, without having to change the init scripts to call
> "upsrw".

powershare is more for shutdown sequence than for startup ones.

Moreover, the timers (outlet.X.delay.Y) works the same way as the
ups.delay.Y, so when you set a value, it's processed instantly, ie:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2006-June/001204.html

Is there some place where I can set them, where they can be read
> automatically on startup?

that (the general settings, ie battery.charge.low instead of lowbattery
(...) in ups.conf) is part of a long standing feature I want to see in
nut... But as always, the time is lacking...

One of the UPSes is connected to a SUSE box, and the other to a Debian box.

for your kind of need, MGE has a PDU device:
http://www.mgeups.com/products/pdt230/smallups/ipdu/index.htm

but these are not supported directly by nut (though these support SNMP and
has a web GUI)

Arnaud