[Nut-upsuser] Setting MGE powershare attributes

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 07:45:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

a second try since I've got new info on that point...
as you are interested in, I've taken a bit of time to study back these
points.

2006/6/27, Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt>:

> Hi!
>
> We have two MGE Evolution 1100 here, and I want to make use of the
> powershare outlets to force a particular boot sequence on the machines
> powered by them. However I'm not sure how to set those variables upon
> NUT starting, without having to change the init scripts to call
> "upsrw".
>
> Is there some place where I can set them, where they can be read
> automatically on startup?
>
> One of the UPSes is connected to a SUSE box, and the other to a Debian
> box.

there are two things:
* in the MGE HID data, we have two kind of delay things:
  - the *DelayBefore* which are timers and are to be considered as instant
commands and not as settings as this is currently the case.
  - then, the interesting point for you, we have *Timer (ShutdownTimer and
StartupTimer) which are only available for outlets, and which are settings.
This means that your needs would be addressed using this (once cabled on
outlet.X.delay.*).
This way, if you set outlet.1.delay.start to 20 (sec) and
outlet.2.delay.start to 30, then when the power will come back, the UPS will
restart, but outlet1 will be powered 20 sec after, and outlet2 30 sec after.
I've not yet changed the data in mge-hid, but if you're interested in, I can
make a testing change in trunk so that you can test it...

Arnaud