[Nut-upsuser] Shutdown Problem

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Jul 15 05:43:49 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm running fc5 with nut 2.0.3. I just recently acquired 2 Gamatronic
SmartCompact ups for my Linux boxes. As you can see from the info below,
everything looks ok. When I unplug the ups from the wall, after a while, the
computer shutdowns very rudely. That it is just turns off. No scrolling down
of processes shutting down It does not seem shutdown cleanly. Any ideas as to
why this may be so?

Config files follow below.

Thanks

Eli

/etc/sysconfig contains

SERVER=yes
MODEL=fentonups
DEVICE=/dev/ttyS0
OPTIONS=""
UPSD_OPTIONS=

/etc/up/ups.conf contains

[Gamatronic_SmartCompact]
    driver = fentonups
    port = /dev/ttyS0
    desc = "Gamatronic SmartCompact

/etc/ups/upsd.users contains

[username]
    password = password
    allowfrom = localhost
    upsmon master

/etc/ups/upsmon.conf

# RUN_AS_USER nutmon
MONITOR Gamatronic_SmartCompact at localhost 1 username password master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h now"
# NOTIFYCMD /usr/local/ups/bin/notifyme
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5
HOSTSYNC 15
DEADTIME 15
POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
# NOTIFYMSG ONLINE "UPS %s is getting line power"
# NOTIFYMSG ONBATT "Someone pulled the plug on %s"
# NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG
# NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
RBWARNTIME 43200
NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
FINALDELAY 0

Running upsc Gamatronic_SmartCompact at localhost produces

battery.charge: 100.0
battery.voltage: 14.3
driver.name: fentonups
driver.version: 2.0.3