[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar Extreme - restart problem

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 11:02:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

[I've cc'ed back upsuser for info]

This problem is solved in 2.0.4-pre2.

2006/7/26, Axel Bergerhoff <axelbergerhoff at compuserve.com>:

> Hello Arnaud,
>
> Works! Great! Thanks!

yipee ;-)

Made two tests:
> 11:02:21  unplug power cord
> 11:02:29  mge-shut -DDDDD -x ondelay=30 -DDDDD -k /dev/ttyS1
> 11:03:11  outlets -> OFF
> 11:03:37  UPS -> OFF
> 11:04:10  replugged
> 11:04:22  outlets -> ON

> 11:10:20  unplug power cord
> 11:10:23  mge-shut -DDDDD -x ondelay=30 -DDDDD -k /dev/ttyS1
> 11:11:04  outlets -> OFF
> 11:11:26  UPS -> OFF
> 11:18:05  replugged
> 11:18:16  outlets -> ON
>

> Now this success leaves me a bit confused about the meaning of "ondelay"
> and with a few questions:
> - Does the setting of "ondelay" still correlate with man mge-shut(8) from
>   Dec 16 2005?

no, and that's due to a lack of feature in mge-shut (exponent management).
Check this for an explanation:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=302073&group_id=30602&atid=411544

As told before, I'm putting about all my effort in 2.2, and for this case,
in mge-shut rewritte...

- Is there a way to set the time between return of mains ("replug") and
>   powering on of the main outlet? Or do I need to use outlets 1 and 2
> (didn't
>   test them upto know)?

no, you need either need to play with:
- ondelay (knowing that the UPS will power up after ondelay - offdelay). In
the present case, offdelay is 20 sec, and ondelay is 30 sec, the UPS powers
up ~ 10 sec after the power restoration).
- outlets. Check:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2006-July/001267.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsuser/2006-July/001271.html

Note that the last allows finer startup sequences...

- When do you expect nut-2.0.4 becoming final?

by friday. I was just waiting to solve your case, and to finish another task
to get a bit of time.

Thanks again,

thanks for your patience, and for choosing MGE ;-)

Axel

> > Hi Axel,
> >
> > I've forgotten to ask you to test 2.0.4-pre2 with the following (still
> with
> > nut stopped, and no load on ups output):
> > - compile nut as usual,
> > - unplug the UPS power cord,
> > - then call:
> > drivers/mge-shut -DDDDD -x ondelay=30 -DDDDD -k /dev/ttyS1
> > - the ups will stop 20 sec later. When the UPS is off, plug back the
> power
> > cord, and the ups will restart.
> >
> > Thanks to tell me if it works or not as I'm waiting to release the final
> > 2.0.4. If it doesn't work, please send me the mge-shut output.

Arnaud