[Nut-upsuser] NUT on AIX 5.2 with Tripplite_usb?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 20:52:00 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Scott Hoffman <scotth at meshersupply.com> wrote:
> Short version - can I run NUT on an AIX box with UPS that has a USB
> interface, like a Tripplite OMNI1500 XL?

There are two types of USB-based drivers in NUT: those that use
Linux-specific calls (old hidups, possibly energizerups) and those
that use the libusb portability layer. "tripplite_usb" falls into the
latter category.

That said, AIX is not on the compatibility list here:
http://libusb.sourceforge.net/

Does AIX provide any Linux binary compatibility? You might be able to
use libusb compiled for Linux/PowerPC, but USB is probably not one of
those things that they provide emulation support for. I have not used
AIX in about ten years, though, so I don't know.

--
- Charles Lepple