[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar Extreme communication problems

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Jun 16 02:13:35 UTC 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 00:21, Arnaud Quette wrote:
> possible, I'm not sure for the moment.
> what is sure that the problem comes from the fbsd usb stack or
> possibly from libusb for bsd...

Yeah, possible some interaction is the cause. I have used libusb for other
things though.

> the problem is here. But I don't know why we get an I/O error...
> the USB data is fine and the HID report data seems too, so the problem
> is deeper.

OK.

> Another test: while having newhidups running in debug mode, call upsrw
> to set ups.delay.start to 120, and check if the I/O error has been

Yes it is the same.

> reproduced. I don't have much to say for the moment, but after a good
> night, I might be back with more... You should also contact bsd
> hackers to see if there is something known, or other ideas.

Yeah OK, I'll post and see how I go :)

> finally, what are you bsd and libusb versions?

FreeBSD 6.0 and libusb 0.1.12.

I will try and find time to try RS232 again - I think an IRQ issue was causing
problems before

Thanks!

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum