[Nut-upsuser] newhidups failing with Nova 1100 on FC5

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jun 29 14:13:27 UTC 2006

I have been testing out my new MGE Nova 1100 on a system (dual Athlon) running
Fedora Core 5 and the newhidups driver seems to be regularly dying.
The UPS is the USB model, I have nut-2.0.3-0.1.fc5 and nut-cgi-2.0.3-0.1.fc5
installed. I am running a 2.6.16 kernel. (I haven't upgraded to FC5's
2.6.17 kernel yet as there seem to be some complaints about it.)
The driver initially works. Though the initial synching times out when starting
up the ups service. When I check back later I have been finding that the
newhidups driver has stopped running.

Is this a known issue?
Is it fixed in development?
Is there interest in getting any data from me to help further diagnose the
problem?