[Nut-upsuser] MGE Nova 1100 using newhidups on netBSD 3.0

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:30:13 UTC 2006

2006/3/3, Nevil Thatcher <NevilTh at nat.com.au>:
> Hi Arnaud,
>
> Have attached the debug log to this message.

the interrupt pipe problem is confirmed:
>>Waiting for notifications...
>>USB error: error reading from interrupt endpoint /dev/ugen1.01:
Interrupted system call

But I don't know why.
FYI, newhidups polls the UPS each pollfreq (default to 30 sec), and
wait for interrupt meanwhile... The problem is that upsd declares an
UPS stale after 15 sec.

So, as a workaround while waiting to sort out the interrupt problem,
try to lower pollfreq to 5 or 10 sec. Thanks to then report back the
results...

> Thanks for your assistance.

no problem, that's part of MGE support of the alternative OSs...
http://opensource.mgeups.com/contrib.htm

Moreover, I'm pleased to have somebody to work with on BSD ;-)

> Will forward to libusb maintainer as suggested.

thanks.
Arnaud