[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite SU2200XL

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed May 17 23:41:04 UTC 2006

Can anyone help getting a Tripplite SU2200XL to work with nut 2.0.3
using the supplied serial cable? Starting the ups service yields:

Starting tripplitesu: Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite SmartOnline driver
0.02 (2.0.3)
Unable to detect Tripp Lite SmartOnline UPS on port /dev/ttyS0

I also have Tripplite's PowerAlert 12 software installed and when run it
finds the UPS without a problem. So the cable is connected properly.

The details:
CentOS 4.3 i386 (RedHat Enterprise 4.3)
nut 2.0.3 compiled from an FC4 source RPM.

I previously had nut running with a smaller APC unit. I'd love to get it
working with this unit instead of having to use Tripplite's software.

Is this a lost cause? I see some other complaints here regarding
Tripplite. Is this driver being maintained anymore?

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek