[Nut-upsuser] newhidups dies after a few hours

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue May 23 06:50:42 UTC 2006

Hi Nick,

2006/5/22, Nick Rosier <nick.rosier at gmail.com>:
> do you know the cause of these errors?
> usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd newhidups rqt 128 rq 6 len
> 255 ret -110
> usb 1-1: usbfs: USBDEVFS_CONTROL failed cmd newhidups rqt 161 rq 1 len
> 8 ret -110
>
> These messages "pollute" my messages-files; is this hardware/software?
> A problem with the USB-interface of the MGE-UPS?
> I'm running 2.0.3 with the fix for this bug and it's been running
> flawlessly with the exception of all these messages.

the -110 error is a timeout.
what are your kernel and libusb versions? What the frequency of these messages?

I've not seen that kind of msg for long, but it was generally due to a
temporary "deny of service" from the UPS, ie it's currently running a
self test while the driver request the complete data tree...

Arnaud