[Nut-upsuser] Nut issue or MGE issue?

Scott Tuc Ellentuch at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Tue May 23 20:45:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

	I took the advice of Daniel O'Connor, found out what variables I
had available to me, and put them in the conf. So now it looks like :

[ellipse]
        driver = mge-shut
        port =  /dev/cuaa0
        desc = "UPS"
        lowbatt = 5
        offdelay = 120
 let the UPS charge up fully, 24 hours.

        I plugged a single lamp into it, with a 60W bulb.

        At 3:40p I pulled the power. This is a sample of some readings I
took since then :

Time    % Charge        Load
3:40    100             2
3:41    98              4
3:42    94              6
3:43    91              6
3:44    88              4
3:45    84              6
        ==more time passed
4:06    14              8
4:07    10              6
4:08    7               6
4:09    3               6
4:10    0               6
4:11    0               6
4:12    0               6

        It seems to have discharged pretty rapidly for only carrying a
60W bulb. The other issue is that at the current time its 4:44, and the
power is STILL ON TO THE LAMP! Why has it been saying for 34 minutes that
there is 0% battery available, but yet powering a load. And why if there is
a bulb, which should be a fairly good constant (Though I have seen the
bulb change intensity ever so little since its been on battery), is the
load number changing?

        Please let me know if I might have a defective unit, if there is some
way to "calibrate it" or if I am not doing the testing/monitoring properly.

	(At the same time upslog wasn't any help:
20060523 153139 NA NA NA [NA] NA NA
20060523 153639 NA NA NA [NA] NA NA
20060523 154139 NA NA NA [NA] NA NA
20060523 154639 NA NA NA [NA] NA NA