[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse Premium 1200 USB cable only works if plugged after boot

Pedro Côrte-Real pedro at pedrocr.net
Thu Nov 2 13:48:33 CET 2006

I have an MGE Ellipse Premium 1200 that I connected to my server using
its USB cable. Nut seems to be working fine. I've done a power down
test and it worked and came back up when the UPS had power again. I'm
using the newhidups driver and the USB cable.

The problem I'm having is that if I boot with the cable connected
newhidups says it can't find the UPS. If I unplug and plug in the
cable again it finds it and works fine. What debug information should
I collect for this?

Pedro.