[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse Premium 1200 USB cable only works if plugged after boot

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 21:57:13 CET 2006

2006/11/2, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net>:
> On 11/2/06, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro at pedrocr.net> wrote:
> > I guess /etc/hotplug/usb/libhidups isn't doing its job correctly on boot.
>
> Oh, and with your udev rules it works fine.

thanks for the feedback Pedro.
I'll have to make a new deb release to address this.

As a side note, the long run approach will be using a new tool called
print_ups_list that will allow to generate hotplug, udev, hal, ...
files more easilly for packagers and users.
This tool is already available is the subversion branches/HAL, and
will be present in NUT 2.2.

Finally, I'm also monitoring Ubuntu's upstart and teardrop project
since these are really promising, and will also impact nut's init
script. And that point will also change a lot with NUT 2.2, and its
reworked configuration files and tools.

Arnaud