[Nut-upsuser] MGE Ellipse Premium 1200 USB cable only works if plugged after boot

Pedro Côrte-Real pedro at pedrocr.net
Fri Nov 3 01:28:48 CET 2006

On 11/2/06, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oh, and with your udev rules it works fine.
>
> thanks for the feedback Pedro.
> I'll have to make a new deb release to address this.

Was it enough to diagnose the problem?

> As a side note, the long run approach will be using a new tool called
> print_ups_list that will allow to generate hotplug, udev, hal, ...
> files more easilly for packagers and users.
> This tool is already available is the subversion branches/HAL, and
> will be present in NUT 2.2.

Sounds good.

> Finally, I'm also monitoring Ubuntu's upstart and teardrop project
> since these are really promising, and will also impact nut's init
> script. And that point will also change a lot with NUT 2.2, and its
> reworked configuration files and tools.

Yes, upstart is very different from the current init systems. Nut
could possibly integrate with upstart in providing power-fail events
to be handled by the system allowing more complex behaviour than just
calling shutdown. The focus of the next ubuntu release is on hardware
suport for desktop/notebook/server so some more nut integration might
make sense. Currently the packages are only in the universe
repository.

Pedro.