[Nut-upsuser] Re: FreeBSD 6.1, MGE Ellipse ASR600USBS, newhidups & upsd

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 13:13:58 CET 2006

Salut Eric,

sorry for the late of the answer, but as told previously, I just had
my 2nd baby...

2006/11/16, Eric Masson <emss at free.fr>:
> Peter Selinger a écrit :
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> > Your problem may be related to the way upsd and upsdrvctl interact.
> > There are several ways to start the driver:
> >
> > (1) newhidups [options] auto
> > (2) newhidups [options] -a myprofile
> > (3) upsdrvctl start myprofile
> >
> > where "myprofile" is the name of a profile defined in ups.conf.
>
> I've tried the 3 methods, no change between them.
>
> I'll check with last svn revision asap.

the problem seems to come, as Peter told, from the way you launch the driver.
upsd tells us that it's connected ("Connected to UPS [mge]:
newhidups-auto"), but the socket path should be something like
newhidups-<section-name> where <section-name> matchs the UPS section
in your ups.conf.

to test it right, call  in debug mode using
newhidups -DDD -a <section-name>
then relaunch upsd and send us some newhidups output.

Arnaud