[Nut-upsuser] Re: FreeBSD 6.1, MGE Ellipse ASR600USBS, newhidups & upsd

Eric Masson emss at free.fr
Wed Nov 22 15:22:00 CET 2006

Arnaud Quette a écrit :

'Lut Arnaud.

> sorry for the late of the answer, but as told previously, I just had
> my 2nd baby...

Félicitations, et à la maman aussi ;)

> the problem seems to come, as Peter told, from the way you launch the
> driver.

Ok.

> upsd tells us that it's connected ("Connected to UPS [mge]:
> newhidups-auto"), but the socket path should be something like
> newhidups-<section-name> where <section-name> matchs the UPS section
> in your ups.conf.

When I launch newhidups by hand the following way :
/usr/local/libexec/nut/newhidups -DDD -u root mge
/var/db/nut contains :
emss at box:~# ll /var/db/nut/
total 0
srw-rw----  1 root  wheel  0 22 nov 15:03 newhidups-mge
Log is available here :
http://emss.free.fr/informatique/nut/newhidups.log

upsd then can't find the socket :
emss at box:~# upsd -DDD -u root
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.4
Can't connect to UPS [mge] (newhidups-auto): No such file or directory
Synchronizing........ giving up

If I launch newhidups via :
emss at box:~# /usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl start mge
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.4
Network UPS Tools: New USB/HID UPS driver 0.28 (2.0.4)

Detected a UPS: MGE UPS SYSTEMS/ELLIPSE
Using subdriver: MGE HID 0.9

upsd finds the socket but doesn't synchronize :
emss at box:~# /usr/local/sbin/upsd -DDD -u root
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.4
Connected to UPS [mge]: newhidups-auto
Synchronizing........ giving up
Pinging UPS [mge]