[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar M 3000 communication problems

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:52:56 UTC 2006

Hi Ingo,

2006/10/3, ingo at ingo-schaefer.de <ingo at ingo-schaefer.de>:
> Hello Arnaud and others,
> >I should have started by this mail ;-)
>
> maybe ...

the problem of beeing too busy and doing things too fast...

> >Have a look at the mge-shut manpage, "KNOWN ISSUES" section.
>
> I've had already done so and set the MAXAGE value to 45, notification is set to 3 as suggested.
>
> Today I set MAXAGE to exactly 25, but the error persists.
> Okay, not exactly. Now the "Synchronizing" on startup seem to work, but after several seconds I get the "communication lost" errors again.

I've just made a test with a Pulsar M 2200, with standard 2.0.4
install/params, and everything works fine, from the start up to events
sucha as power failure / restoration. No data stale at all.

So the problem should come from elsewhere:
- Is the RS232 cable only plugged on the UPS (not the USB one, even if
it's not connected to the PC)?
- is there a communication card plugged?
- you should retry without any other parameters (such as MAXAGE,
DEADTIME, notification, ...)
- you might need to fully reset the UPS too. Simply power off the
loads, power off the UPS, unplug its power cord, wait 10 sec and
replug everything. Then retry the tests.

Arnaud