[Nut-upsuser] MGE Pulsar M 3000 communication problems

Ingo Schaefer ingo at ingo-schaefer.de
Thu Oct 5 08:32:16 UTC 2006

Hello Arnaud and others,
Am Mittwoch, den 04.10.2006, 16:52 +0200 schrieb Arnaud Quette:

> So the problem should come from elsewhere:
> - Is the RS232 cable only plugged on the UPS (not the USB one, even if
> it's not connected to the PC)?

Now it is the only one, the usb cable is now without connection. (It was
connected the days before)

> - is there a communication card plugged?

None.

> - you should retry without any other parameters (such as MAXAGE,
> DEADTIME, notification, ...)

I did this, just more startup problems.

> - you might need to fully reset the UPS too. Simply power off the
> loads, power off the UPS, unplug its power cord, wait 10 sec and
> replug everything. Then retry the tests.

I've done this too. (I have a bypass module installed, so this could be
done easily. Otherwise it could not be done so easy with production
systems)

Now I sometimes get "Driver cannot communicate with USV" and always get
the upsd "Syncing ..... giving up" thing.

Immidiately after starting upsmon, I get the "Communication lost" errors
again, after a short while "Communication established" but shortly after
his again "Communication lost"

I am a little bit disappointed about this, because I had to convince the
leaders in the department to buy MGE instead of APC and thought it would
be easy to integrate this here.

And of course I can not use the "Solution Pac", because the "Load" is 3
Servers here.

Kind Regards,
Ingo