[Nut-upsuser] Re: unisys UPS using RD, genericups does not

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:43:51 UTC 2006

On 10/14/06, Sergiy Kazakov <rendol at mail.zp.ua> wrote:
> Hello, ahgu
> >I have a unisys UPS, I probed the RS232 and notice that pin 2,
> >(receive data) is going from -6v (OL) to 12v(OB), but I don't see the
> >setting for the genericups. Seems nobody else is using the RD pin?
>
> >Any driver I can use?
>
> >Thanks
> >-Andrew
> Try RX as signal name (not RD).

I don't think that you can easily read the level of the RX pin, and
even if you could, you would need to change the code:

   http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/trunk/drivers/genericups.c#L58

Note that the valid inputs are CTS, DCD and RNG.

You can detect a "break" condition on the RX input, but the code to
determine when the pin changed from break to idle would be tough to
debug, and probably very system-dependent.

--
- Charles Lepple