[Nut-upsuser] bcmxcp_usb offers no runtime or serial # with a Powerware 5110/700va

Rohan M. rohbags at purplesock.net.au
Mon Oct 16 00:22:19 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

First of all a big thank you for the NUT package, I've been using it for
years and couldn't get by without it!

I have two Powerware UPS's here, a 9120/1500va and a 5110/700va. The 9120
has used a hacked bcmxcp driver (serial) from the 2.0.2 nut version for
about a year now (which I'll explain more about in a seperate email to the
dev list), and the 5110 which I just purchased is using the new bcmxcp_usb
from 2.0.4 ... which brings me to the point of the post...

The upsc output shows a blank serial number, and no battery.runtime at
all, see below:

[rohbags at dvr drivers]# upsc pw5110 at localhost
battery.voltage:  13.5
driver.name: bcmxcp_usb
driver.parameter.shutdown_delay: 90
driver.version: 2.0.4
driver.version.internal: 0.10
input.frequency:  50.1
input.voltage: 230
output.current:   0.3
output.frequency:  50.1
output.voltage: 230
ups.firmware: 00.50
ups.load:  16.7
ups.model: POWERWARE UPS    700VA
ups.power.nominal: 700
ups.serial:
ups.status: OL
ups.voltage.nominal: 240

Is this to be expected with the new expiremental bcmxcp_usb driver?
Is there anything I can do to debug/hack/patch this issue?
Any other users out there using bcmxcp_usb with this prob?

I dont really care about the serial number, but I *really* do need to have
a battery runtime estimate.

Cheers,

rohbags.