[Nut-upsuser] Tripp Lite OMNI900LCD

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 14:53:44 UTC 2006

On 9/8/06, Hans Fugal <fugalh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Tripp Lite OMNI900LCD. It has a usb connector and claims to
> be USB/HID. I haven't been able to get it to work with newusbhid or
> tripplite_usb.
[...]
>          Report Descriptors:
>            ** UNAVAILABLE **

After running tripplite_usb (and after /dev/usb/hiddev0 disappears,
which is expected), can you re-run 'lsusb -vvv' as root, and send the
results?

> I can't get newhidups to recognize it at all.

Support for newer Tripp-Lite USB/HID models is still in the
development tree (the trunk in SVN). Instructions for grabbing it via
SVN are here:

http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html

This will hopefully make it into the 2.0.5 release, but I imagine
there is a bit of backporting to do.

--
- Charles Lepple