[Nut-upsuser] Query SNMP

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 01:03:45 UTC 2006

On 9/12/06, Tim Cary <tdc at yesinc.com> wrote:
> I want to collect the same statistics that NUT can provide via SNMP.

Actually, in the previous email from ocg.ca, the UPS provides the
information via SNMP, and NUT is the consumer.

I do not believe there is a way for NUT to publish information to
other SNMP monitoring stations.

> But, I don't have the special card, and would want to use the serial
> port to get the data.  How does this work?

Find your UPS in this table:

http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/stable.html

The NUT driver is listed in the right column, and NUT's upsd monitors
that driver. You can then gather statistics from upsd with upsc.

There are many more examples in the documentation. If you get stuck,
please provide some more details of your setup (i.e. UPS brand and
model, OS, etc.)

--
- Charles Lepple