[Nut-upsuser] newhidups usb interface claiming warning

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Sun Sep 17 16:18:36 UTC 2006

Denis Hainsworth wrote:

> > > so I found two places where supposedly you guys have added code to
> > > address the above issue I am having.
> >
> > Maybe you can tell us what two places you are talking about? -- Peter
>
> sorry for being vague. I meant I saw at least two entries in the
> newhidups CHANGES file where in 2.0.3preX you guys addressed claim()
> issues.  since I had 2.0.3 I was confused by why i would still be
> getting the mesage.  obviously its a complex interaction of your driver,
> kernel stuff and aparently somthing from the util-linux package.

I see what change you are refering to (Jul 22, 2005, SVN revision 87).
That change only affected what happens when reconnecting to a device
after it has been disconnected. It does not fix the "bug" you
experienced.

Anyway, this is only of historical interest, because whatever caused
those messages, does not seem to be present in the newest version of
everything (usbdev, libusb, nut).

-- Peter