[Nut-upsuser] Compaq T2400H UPS model 242688-006

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 22:56:31 UTC 2007

On 4/4/07, Douglas Pearless <Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz> wrote:
> Further investigation has revealed that it appears that debian stable is at
> 2.0.1-4, NOT 2.0.4 as I thought, and I also noticed that it was indeed 2.0.2
> where that driver was merged (I was reading the changelog as your email
> arrived), so it appears that I need to try the "unstable " version from
> debian (2.0.5-3) or download the source and compile it myself!

You might be able to add this to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://opensource.mgeups.com/beta/debian/stable binary/

then update the list of packages ('aptitude -u' or similar) and upgrade NUT.

You could compile from source, but using these binaries should prove
less painful if you upgrade this system to a future Debian release.
(The 2.0.5-3 debs are probably linked against a newer libc than what
you have, and upgrading things part-way to unstable can get messy.)

--
- Charles Lepple