[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 9155 with SNMP card

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Thu Aug 9 14:51:27 UTC 2007

> Another thing I wonder about is that both UPS don't give me value for
> battery.runtime.low and both give an ups.status "WAIT" although there
> running fine.

This isn't good. :-(

The ups.status "WAIT" is a placeholder status that is inserted by the
server while it is still waiting for the driver to complete its dump of
all the variables. If that doesn't change, it means the driver is not
reporting the ups.status to the server. Consequently, you'll have no idea
what the line status is, the most important part of NUT.

The fact that battery.runtime.low is not reported may be due to the fact
that this variable is not reported by the UPS, or that it has not been
reported by the driver yet.

> Maybe someone can shed some light on these questions.

Which version of NUT?

Best regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands