[Nut-upsuser] Powerware 9155 with SNMP card

Bernd Markgraf Bernd.Markgraf at med.ovgu.de
Thu Aug 9 14:59:13 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 16:51 +0200, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> > Another thing I wonder about is that both UPS don't give me value for
> > battery.runtime.low and both give an ups.status "WAIT" although there
> > running fine.
>
> This isn't good. :-(
I was thinking that...

> The ups.status "WAIT" is a placeholder status that is inserted by the
> server while it is still waiting for the driver to complete its dump of
> all the variables. If that doesn't change, it means the driver is not
> reporting the ups.status to the server. Consequently, you'll have no idea
> what the line status is, the most important part of NUT.
that's indeed not so good... the ietf mib reports them OL but misses some
values. like the 3 input phases, temperature etc and gives me
battery.runtime.low of 1 which i think is not that good either...

> The fact that battery.runtime.low is not reported may be due to the fact
> that this variable is not reported by the UPS, or that it has not been
> reported by the driver yet.
if i understand the xups mib right, it should send a trap when batteries
go low (i might be wrong, since i looked into a mib for the first time
today ;-)). so i'm not sure this value gets reported.

> Which version of NUT?
driver.version.internal : 0.42 (mib: pw 0.5)
with nut 2.2.0

 Bernd