[Nut-upsuser] Ever hear of Robanton?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Fri Aug 17 23:32:45 UTC 2007

> >> According to this website, it supports

> >> This looks like a contact closure interface, which would be supported
> >> through the genericups driver. Don't expect fancy features though, the
> >> above is all the information you'd get from it. Probably good enough for
> >> a desktop device, but for a server I would opt for something more
> >> sophisticated.
> >>
> >> Best regards, Arjen
> >>
> > 	I got ahold of someone who already bought one, and they forwarded me
> > the manual. Its actually a "Megatech RUPS 2000". A really quick Google of
> > "RUPS 2000 nut" shows that in 2.0.2 :
> >
> >  - The genericups driver now supports Generic RUPS 2000, AEC MiniGuard
> >    UPS 700 (using Megatec M2501 cable), and Powerware 3110.
> >
> >    [Nick Barnes, Paul Andreassen]
> >
> > 	So, now I need to figure out what that means to me monitoring wise.
>
> It probably is supported if the information from the manual is correct
> (which you can't rely upon for all vendors, unfortunately). See the ouput
> of 'man 8 genericups' for more information on how to set this up.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

	Such is very true.

	It claims there are 2 signal configurations (But nothing about
how to tell which yours has... )

Type I:
	Pin 2 - AC Power Failure
	Pin 4 - Common Ground of 2,5,6
	Pin 5 - UPS Battery Low
	Pin 6 - Turn off UPS

Type II:

	Pin 2 - AC Power Failure
	Pin 4 - Common Ground of 2,5
	Pin 5 - UPS Battery Low
	Pin 6 - Turn off UPS
	Pin 7 - GND of Pin 6

	They also had 2 pieces of software to run it, RUPS and UPSILION.

	RUPS has a DOS, Linux, Netware, Win31 and Windows set of programs

	UPSILION has NetWare, Unix (Linux 2.x, FreeBSD 2.x, 3.x and 4.x)
and Windows program

	They all seem to intimate being able to set things such as :

		System Shutdown Delay Time When AC Power Failed
		System Shutdown Delay Time when Battery Low
		UPS Turn Off Delay Time
		Shutdown Count Down Display
		Scheduling Function (Activate a shutdown)
		Turn off UPS after System Shutdown
		etc..

	But one of the bigger things is telling you the
Input Voltage, Output Voltage, % Battery Level, Input Frequency,
Last Spike, Last Sag, Last Failure Cause.

	With all this, doesn't it mean that there is SOME more intelligence
to the UPS than "OL, OB, LB"? I can make the programs available to
anyone who wants, or conversely if someone wants to point me to a
FreeBSD 5.x version of a "serial dump" type program that will dump all
in/out signal changes and data I could run some tests and see what
happens.

			Thanks, Tuc