[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD rc.d scripts or shutdown howto?

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Aug 22 00:13:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Bryan wrote:
> Err... as per my original email -- I don't actually have any rc.d

Sorry, I didn't properly read your original email.

> scripts for nut to edit --  including (especially) /etc/rc.d/nut.
> There are no FreeBSD rc.d scripts in the scripts/ directory included
> with the nut v2.x.x distros.
> If you can point me to where I can get such scripts (for FreeBSD),
> that will change everything. Thanks.

I guess you aren't using the port then.. It
installs /usr/ports/sysutils/nut/files/nut*.sh.in (after replacing
certain items).

> There is a v2.0.4 ports version of nut, which I abandoned because I
> couldn't get it working. That has the scripts I think. Now I think
> about it, the reason it didn't work carried over to v2.2 as well and
> is no fixed. Hmmm. maybe I should just go back and install the port.
> Then again, it aint broke and it does work perfectly how I have it
> now, so I might just leave it.

The port is now at 2.0.5, still rather ancient :(

Presumably the maintainer hasn't had the time to update it recently.. It
shouldn't be too hard to update the port though, I will see if I can
find some time to do it.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum