[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD rc.d scripts or shutdown howto?

Bryan gruvin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 23:05:44 UTC 2007

On 22/08/07, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> wrote:
> I just use RS232 ports and be done with it - I don't know how to track
> down the problem is :(

A shame it has to come down to that -- but I believe I have indeed
reached then end of the road for all practical purposes.

> You're lucky, whenever I've tried it I usually have to unplug and replug
> the UPS :)

I've since found that I do have to re-plug the USB connector, unless
it's been out of comms for quite a long time.

> I know a bit about USB protocol stuff but there are so many intervening
> layers..

You're telling me! :| Whatever happened to the good ol' days when you
could fix things with a multimeter and a screwdriver and the really
hard stuff with a scope and soldering iron? :P

Bryan.