[Nut-upsuser] Multiple Tripplite OMNI900LCD

Todd Woods twoods at commo.com
Fri Aug 31 13:52:04 UTC 2007

    We have multiple TrippLite Omni900LCD UPS.  There are a couple pieces of
equipment connected to each UPS.  I would like to connect the UPSs to one
computer through USB which would shutdown the appropriate equipment based on
events monitored by upsmon using upssched.  I've configured NUT using
usbhid-ups driver and compiled/installed NUT.  I've done some testing and it
seems to work.  Unfortunately all the USB ports are on the same bus for the
computers that I could use for this and the TrippLites seem to use the same
serial number.  Any way to uniquely identify the UPSs to NUT? Or maybe to
set a value in the UPS that could be used to identify the UPS?

    Thanks.